Sisters Of The Road has been supporting community-driven solutions to homelessness and poverty, in an atmosphere of gentle personalism and nonviolence since 1979. Sisters serves 225 meals a day to people living in extreme poverty and experiencing homelessness, and also engages in community organizing and nonviolence training.
Currently, Sisters Of The Road invests in car-share vehicles and relies on volunteers to pick up food donations. They spend over $3,000 a month on purchasing food to supplement their donations from Oregon Food Bank and others. Your B-share purchase will:
- Maximize the food donated to Sisters
- Decrease their operating expenses
- Eliminate their vehicle rental
- Enable Sisters’ volunteers to focus on their core mission, not transporting food
- Provide local, healthier food options from our donating partners: Whole Foods, New Seasons, Pastaworks, the People’s Coop Farmer’s Market, and R & K Foods
In just one month, the B-share program has delivered over 2,000 pounds of food, including fresh organic fruits, juices, and vegetables to Sisters.That’s equivalent to over 1,500 meals!